2. Types and Uses of Collected Information. AdvaSmart collects two types of information:
Personal Data. Personal Data is information that identifies a specific person. When you engage in certain activities via the AdvaSmart Service and/or the AdvaSmart Websites, including but not limited to creating an account, sending feedback, or otherwise participating in the AdvaSmart Service (collectively, “Identification Activities”), we may ask you to provide certain information. If you elect to engage in an Identification Activity, however, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal information, such as name, address (including zip code), email address and/or telephone number. Depending on the Identification Activity, some of the information we ask you to provide may be identified as mandatory and some identified as voluntary. If you do not provide mandatory information for a particular Identification Activity, you will not be permitted to engage in that Identification Activity with the AdvaSmart Service. Depending on the Identification Activity, AdvaSmart may not re-ask you for Personal Data if such are already stored with us.
As you navigate the AdvaSmart Service, we may also collect information through the use of commonly-used information-gathering tools, such as Web beacons (“Web Site Navigational Information”). Web Site Navigational Information includes standard information from your Web browser (such as browser type and browser language), your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the actions you take on the AdvaSmart Service (such as the Web pages viewed, and the links clicked).
For generating our due-diligence & monitoring reports, we may also collect information such as the name, company name, address, phone number, email address and government issued identifiers that you choose to share with us. When you provide us with personal information about your Customer End Users, we will only use this information for the specific reason for which it is provided, such as to generate a relevant analysis & report the same, or as agreed in the applicable agreement with Customer.
We use Non-Personal Data to provide products and/or services to you, enhance the operation of the AdvaSmart Services and/or the AdvaSmart Websites, troubleshoot, administer the AdvaSmart Service, analyze trends, provide aggregate statistics, comply with applicable law, and cooperate with law enforcement activities. We may also share this information with our authorized Third Party Service Providers to measure the overall effectiveness of our products and services.
3. Sharing of Personal Data. We will not sell or share Personal Data with other parties except as provided below:
Authorized Third Party Service Providers. SLO Technologies may provide products and services through third parties. These “Third Party Service Providers” perform functions on our or your behalf. You or we may share Personal Data with such Third-Party Service Providers to fulfill orders, analyze data (including IP Addresses), perform quality assurance, operate the AdvaSmart Service and/or the AdvaSmart Websites, collect payment for the AdvaSmart Service, troubleshoot and provide customer service. We may also provide personal information to individuals and companies with whom we have business relationships and may share your information with Third Party Service Providers to accomplish our administrative tasks. However, the use of Personal Data by such parties is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to our control.
Emergency. Other extraordinary circumstances not listed here may require disclosure: we may also disclose information when we believe it’s necessary to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person; to address fraud, security, or spam; or to protect our rights or property.
4. Customer End User Data. SLO Technologies’s Customers may electronically submit Customer End User Data. SLO Technologies will not review, share, distribute, or reference any such Customer End User Data except for alerts on any fraud or suspicious activity by the Customer End User and/or as provided in SLO Technologies’s applicable agreement with Customer, or as may be required by law.
5.Referrals. Customers may choose to refer colleagues to use the AdvaSmart Service by sending invitation emails via an invite feature. Upon such referral, SLO Technologies stores the email addresses provided so that the respondents may be sent reminders of the invitations. SLO Technologies does not sell these email addresses or use them to send any other communication besides invitations and invitation reminders. Recipients of invitations may contact SLO Technologies to request removal of their information from our database.
6. Sharing of Non-Personal Data. We may disclose or share Non-Personal Data with Third Party Service Providers and the general public. For example, we may share aggregated regional or industry wide statistical information (which does not include any Personal Data). In order to administer the AdvaSmart Service, we collect Customer End User Data and provide analyses of anonymized aggregate Customer End User Data to our Customers and, if applicable, Third Party Service Providers. We may also publish this aggregated information for promotional purposes. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Customer is the owner of its applicable Customer End User Data.
We may use Third Party Service Providers to serve ads when you use the AdvaSmart Websites. These companies may use Non-Personal Data about your visits and use of the AdvaSmart Service and/or the AdvaSmart Websites, and visits to other websites or locations in order to provide, through the use of network tags, advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
7. Updating Information. Customers may change any of their applicable Personal Data by logging into their account and accessing the “My Profile” section of the AdvaSmart Service or AdvaSmart Websites, as applicable. We encourage Customers to promptly update their Personal Data if it changes, as out-of-date Personal Data may negatively affect the quality of your AdvaSmart Service experience.
8. Choices on Collection/Use of Information. Customers can always choose not to provide certain information, although a certain level of information may be required to engage and participate in the AdvaSmart Service. Customers you cannot opt-out of Administrative Emails. “Administrative Emails” relate to Customer’s activity on the AdvaSMart Service and/or the AdvaSmart Websites, and include but are not limited to emails regarding a Customer’s account, requests or inquiries. If a Customer does not want to receive promotional emails from us, such Customer may elect to opt-out of receiving promotional emails at any time after registering by e-mailing us at email@example.com or by hitting the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of any of our e-mails.
9. Security of Information. Customers can access the Personal Data that it has provided via the AdvaSmart Service and/or the AdvaSmart Websites with a password and username. This password is encrypted. We advise against sharing passwords and usernames with anyone. If a Customer’s account is accessed via a third-party site or service, there may be additional or different sign-in protections via that third-party site or service. Customers need to prevent unauthorized access to their account and the Personal Data that you have provided, including without limitation any applicable Customer End User Data, by selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-in mechanism appropriately and limiting access to your computer, browser, or mobile device by signing off after a Customer has finished accessing your account. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time. In the event that we believe that the security of a Customer’s information may have been compromised, we may seek to notify the Customer of that development. In addition, the Personal Data that you have provided, including without limitation Customer End User Data, resides on a secure server that only selected personnel and contractors have access to. We [may] encrypt certain sensitive information using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure that Personal Data is safe as it is transmitted to us. However, no data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we employ appropriate and commercially reasonable security measures to protect data and seek to partner with companies that do the same, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from or via the AdvaSmart Service and/or the AdvaSmart Websites, and we are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such information.
10. Data Tracking
Other Tracking Devices. We may use other industry standard technologies like pixel tags and web beacons to track your use of the AdvaSmart Websites, or we may allow our Third Party Service Providers to use these devices on our behalf. When you access the AdvaSmart Service and/or the AdvaSmart Websites, or open or click an email, pixel tags and web beacons generate a Non-Personally Identifiable notice of that action. Pixel tags allow us to measure and improve our understanding of visitor traffic and behavior on the AdvaSmart Websites, as well as give us a way to measure our promotions and performance. We may also utilize pixel tags and web beacons provided by our marketing partners for the same purposes.
12. Email Choice/Opt-out. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to implement your email opt-out requests promptly, but you may still receive communications from us for up to ten (10) business days as we process your request.
13. Privacy Settings. As a user, you may have limited access to privacy settings. These settings help hide information you wish to share with other users and/or the public. It is up to you to select the appropriate privacy settings. If you don’t agree with the available privacy settings, please stop using the AdvaSmart Service and/or the AdvaSmart Websites.
14. Public Areas. We may provide areas on the AdvaSmart Websites where you can publicly post information about yourself or can communicate with others such as on forums. This information may be accessible by other users and companies and may appear on other websites or web searches, and therefore this information could be read, collected, and used by others. We have no control over who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so please use caution when posting any content or providing anything that could be deemed personal information.
15. Children. If you are under the age of 18, you represent that you have the consent of a parent or legal guardian to use and access the AdvaSmart Service and/or the AdvaSmart Websites. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.